Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hurting so bad.

If anyone ever tells you that laparoscopic surgeries don't hurt they are lying. Liars, liars, pants on fire.

After 1.5 years of gut pain and numerous doctor visits and procedures, I had given up and mostly accepted the gastroenterologist's diagnosis of possible IBS.
I had always thought it was my gallbladder so I requested a Hida scan in 2014 but never knew what the results were. 
Last month we did a repeat MRI to check my liver hemangioma and it just happened to find sludge in my gallbladder so I called nurse and asked for Hida scan results: 39%.
I said, "I want to talk about this! Sludge and an old Hida that showed sluggish gallbladder even then?!"
The nurse, kind of snotty, asked if I wanted to speak to a general surgeon. Damn right I do!

Fast forward two weeks and surgeon says, "Yeah, let's take it out."
He told R (husband) that there was so much inflammation it should have come out a year ago. Dang it, doctors!!!
I caught this, they didn't catch it. I did. 

Now I had my cholecystectomy on Thursday (01/14/16) afternoon and they shoved me out the door screaming in pain. I spent all day Friday at the ER with barely any pain relief and the CT scan revealed fluid in my abdominal cavity. What did they do? Nothing. 
It's now 01/19/16 and I'm still in pain. Never underestimate the ability of the human body to find ways to torture itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment