Friday, December 4, 2015

Christmas presents

I got an order for three fleece blankets. A local lady, a friend of mine, wants blankets for her kiddos. Good thing I can sew!
I only charged her for the fabric plus a little extra; that helped cover the Doctor Who fleece that I'm using to make my brother-in-law's jacket for Christmas.

The first blanket is a cheerleader fleece from F&M Fabrics in Bakersfield (a family owned fabric store):

I chose a light blue fleece as the backing. Her favorites are black and blue and this blue matches nicely.

The second is a camouflage fleece with a deep brown fleece backing.



The third is a giraffe skin print that will also have the same deep brown fleece backing.

It took me an hour or so to draft, cut, and sew a sewing machine caddy for my mother-in-law's new Brother Dream Machine.  I used bias tape on the pockets and KamSnaps to attach a removable thread catcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment