Thursday, December 17, 2015

Still working on Christmas presents

We took a short family vacation to Disneyland. We already have annual passes and now my in-laws have theirs. We all stayed in their timeshare for two nights then we stayed in our cab-over camper for a night or so. 
Needless to say I did not get any sewing or crafting done for the time I was off work.

I am trying to decide how wide to make Grandma's lap blanket. The flannel is 45" wide, the Minky 58". I am using the edges of the Minky, pulling the selvages and cut ends around to the top of the flannel to self bind. I need to cut it and get it sewed. It won't take long, I just need to stop procrastinating. I even have the machine threaded and ready to go.
I have the pattern for the Doctor Who fleece jacket traced out and I graded up from a large to a 2XL. (I greatly need a cutting table since I cut on my floor and that kills my back.) The sewing on that should go fairly quickly.

I work today and until then, I'm watching my Craftsy class on sewing knits. She's a pleasant enough teacher, quite knowledgable, but says "um" a lot and constantly clicks and smacks her lips and tongue. It's a little distracting but she does give some good tips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment