Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Another shirt sold


Another shirt



Looks like I have to pick up more fabric because I have a sale! Hooray! I have to grade up my men's Aloha shirt pattern to a 3X. The largest I have is an XL. I can do it, it'll just take some slash and spread. 
I've cut out the dress I'm making for me out of the same fabric that I used to make Rob's shirt. The skirt is a full circle skirt and is hanging for 24 hours to let the bias settle. I don't mich care for hemming circle skirts, tell you what.                                                                                                                                                                                           The princess seamed bodice I graded up from a size 20, adding 2" of width and 2" of height to the front bodice when I muslined. I added the same to the side front bodice pieces and the back bodice pieces. I cut a size 14 in the straps though as I'm short and small in bone structure. It would be nice if that wasn't hidden by a bunch of fat! 
I have about a 1/4 yard of the fabric left and I'll use that up, make my seven year old some shorts. I can't get my two year old to wear them. Half the time I can't get these boys to wear pants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment