Wednesday, September 23, 2015


Irons. Gah.



I had a Shark Professional iron, paid $70 for it a year ago. I noticed the water seemed to be draining awfully fast even without steam. In the middle of making a customer's shirt it stops! Just pft and no more hot plate special. I tested it in four different electrical outlets and sure enough the darn thing pooped out on me!
I had to borrow hubby's grandpa's old iron. It worked but took awhile to heat up and press the seams enough to stay open. 
Since I bought it a year ago I tried to see if Shark would replace it or repair it. Would they? Nope. I could pay almost as much money as I bought it for and wait 6-8 weeks for the iron. Sorry, that's a negative, ghost rider. I decided to return it and buy a new one. I did so much research and learned some things about iron features I'd never considered. 
I decided to buy a Rowenta. I found one at Walmart, listed online only, as a refurb for $60. This model is usually $150! I purchased it, paid for faster shipping, and my new Rowenta iron will be here Wednesday. Meanwhile I'll cut out R's (the husband) new long-sleeved clerical shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment